1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice Acting required for upcoming Machinima Sketches

Discussion in 'Projects Discussion' started by Shronky, May 23, 2017.

1. Hello all! Shronky here. A lot of you may have seen me around over the years, and a lot of you may not have, but let’s keep this brief.

If you don’t know me, I’m Noxite’s brother and I’ve been working in the Noxcrew since around 2012. I usually write content for the Noxcrew, mostly on the Gameshow, but I’ve helped here and there with other projects. But what I’m really down for is writing machinimas.

Which is exactly why I’m writing this post. We’ve got a couple of short sketches coming up and I would love to have some of you guys voice the videos (back like we did in the good ol’ days). If you’ve got a decent microphone (Yeti Snowball or anything better, no headset mics unfortunately) and fancy giving voice acting a go then we need you!

So what you’re going to be doing is just a few lines with western accents (think that southern drawl), over-excitable lines that are robotic in nature, and a pirate accent (almost scottish. Actually pretty much just scottish.)

Most of the lines are quite short and don’t have a lot of character depth, so it shouldn’t be that much of a job (sessions not really going over 30 mins). Don’t worry if you feel you can’t do amazing or really very good western and pirate accents, all are welcome (plus it’s funnier).

The only requirements are (as I mentioned above), a decent microphone, not a lot of background noise (normal computer hum is fine) and not situated in large room (for the reverb, recording in a closet/small space is ideal, but any room where the sound doesn’t bounce should be okay.)

Please send me an email at [email protected] with a quick recording (upload to soundcloud is ideal, please make it downloadable), it doesn’t matter what you say, it’s just for a sample of your voice and the kind of setting you’d be recording in.

If you have any questions, please drop a message in this thread!

Thanks,

Shronky

MrCraftMan and Avondale like this.