1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource pack. Playsound Problems

Discussion in 'Projects Discussion' started by Boy17000, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hello NoxCrew, Since 1.11.2 i wasent able to have a custom .ogg sound file in the
    resource pack, to be played.
    [example]
    (Working Command) /playsound minecraft:alan_intro1 voices @p ~ ~ ~
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Not Working Command) /playsound Minecraft:welcome voices @p ~ ~ ~
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    the /playsound for a custom sound doesnt work for me anymore. but
    when i use Terra Sweeps. Resource pack it does play you're sounds. but mine's not.

how come this to happen?
    plz Tell me how i could fix this or what the Problem Could be.

Gr. Boy (Build Team Hoster)

2. The playsound command should be in this format;
    Code:
    /playsound <sound> <source> <player> [x] [y] [z] [volume] [pitch] [minimumVolume]
    For custom sounds, you should NOT have "minecraft:" before the sound. I would also recommend putting a volume on it. So in the case of your broken command, it should read;
    Code:
    /playsound welcome voice @p ~ ~ ~ 1000
    Hope this helps :)

3. sadly it didnt work also. try it ur self
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/wemw7yaha769567/KingdomOffical.zip
    i got the /playsound custom one in the Music File.

4. Having taken a cursory glance at your resource pack, I can see that you've not mentioned in your pack where the game should be looking for your sounds. You can tell the game about this via the sounds.json file in assets/minecraft/sounds. You can find some more information here:

Minecraft Wiki
    Dragnoz's Generator

tl;dr: Just taking the sounds.json file from the TSF resource pack and putting your own sounds in a folder won't necessarily make your sounds work.

5. what could i do to fix this?

6. You're going to need to update your sounds.json file. I'd recommend that you try Dragnoz' Generator. Just as an example, I entered the information that you'd need for your "welcome.ogg" file. This is what it looked like:
    [​IMG]

Once you've entered all of the files that you want, copy the text in the "Raw Code" box and paste it over the top of your current sounds.json file. Save that file and reload your resource pack in Minecraft. With any luck, you should be able to play the sound.

7. thanks alot this has helped me great!