Suggestion for New Minigame-(Noxcrew FC)(soccer theme[football])

Discussion in 'Noxcrew Gameshow' started by MrTomatoMan, Jul 26, 2014.

1. MrTomatoMan

MrTomatoMan Recruit

I was watching the world cup and thinking about the Noxcrew Gameshow and I started blurting some ideas out about some wacky minigames. One of the ideas was a football-themed minigame.

So each team has a set amount of time(10 mins,15 mins,etc.) in order to keep running laps around an obstacle course and once one member finishes a lap, it's the next teammate's turn to parkour around the course(similar to picture panic). At the end of the set time limit, the total amount of laps run is the amount of shots a team is allowed to shoot.

This is where the football aspect comes into play. Two players from each team are picked to be a goalkeeper and a striker. The game is set up to be a penalty shootout. In front of the goal, the goalkeeper has three pressure plates in front of him. When the keeper steps on a pressure plate a block is pushed up, which is supposed to block the "ball". The striker also has three pressure plates lined up in a similar orientation and when the striker steps on the pressure plate, a ball is dispensed from a dispenser and is shot towards the goal(somehow I'm not sure). If the goalkeeper guessed correctly, the ball will be stopped by the block. If the goalkeeper guessed incorrectly, the ball should go straight into the net. I still don't know how the players will not be able to see each other's name tag. The pressure plates are lined up every other block, so three pressure plates spread amongst a six block wide goal.

The team with the most goals after the shootout wins the minigame. Overall, the minigame would probably take quite a while, but it's just an interesting idea that i thought of. It would definitely need tweaking.
  2. Mad4diamonds

Mad4diamonds Recruit

Wouldn't the game be easier to make and more fun to play if the striker had to throw snow balls in and the goal keeper could then stop them by jumping into them?
  3. MrTomatoMan

MrTomatoMan Recruit

ok three things
    1)thank u for the feedback
    2)this is just an idea so things can be drastically different than from what i stated
    3)when you are throwing snowballs you are using your HANDS which kinda defeats the purpose of playing FOOTball
  4. Mad4diamonds

Mad4diamonds Recruit

It was only supposed to be based on football wasn't it?
  5. KPC51

KPC51 Recruit

I feel that would be difficult to not score then.

You could use a fire charge as the 'ball' i guess. I feel that this game would be time consuming to make but if they pull it off it seems like an entertaining/edge-of-the-seat type game
  6. MrTomatoMan

MrTomatoMan Recruit

When I came up with the idea my original thought was football. But that being said, the concept of attacker and keeper could be applied to other things like hockey or lacrosse
  7. gregan25

gregan25 Recruit

• Noxcrew
    • Project Leader
    right so I have one major problem with this. Luck.
    Anyone who has played fifa and has had it go to penalties will know that there is some skill involved, but in the end, who wins is decided by luck. In the Gameshow we prefer to have skill based games, and as a consequence avoid game such as the scoring of goals based on a guess.
    Not only that but a game where you spend a while collecting something that allows you to do more or less of something afterwards means that one part of the game is the part they win in and increase there chances in the other part, you do not want chance to be involved.
    I'm sure a different approach for scoring at the end could be made such as the snowballs you discuss and we could easily make that through detecting snowballs past a point so if it were to hit the keepers then it would not be a goal, I can see this working as a concept.

I also see another minor issue that we are trying to avoid in games which is the taking turns on a course. Now essentially the game you have designed is picture panic but with a goal scoring minigame being the deciding factor after the game.
    Why not have a game where one of the players is a goalkeeper, another is doing the course to try and score in the other teams goal where there keeper is, and the 3rd player is making there way back to the beginning. this way it is all in one game instead of being 2 parts, it will also mean the players will spend less time doing nothing.

Hope this has sparked some ideas, I definately have got a few from the idea of scoring goals as described above from this thread :)